The purpose of the exempt land division procedure is for the Planning Director to verify that a claimed exempt land division is compliant with the standards of Wyo. Stat. § 18-5-303 and not intended to evade Section 8.5.3.
When Is This Required?
The following divisions of land are exempt from the requirements of Section 8.5.3. by Wyoming Statute § 18-5-303. However, as authorized by the same statute, they shall comply with the standards of this Section prior to recording deeds, records of survey, contracts for deeds, or other types of instruments with the County Clerk, including:
- A division which creates cemetery lots.
- A division which is created by the sale or other disposition of land to the state of Wyoming or any political subdivision thereof.
- A division which affects railroad rights-of-way;
- A division of land creating a parcel 5 acres or less for the purpose of establishing unmanned communication facilities, compressor stations, metering stations, fiber optic booster stations, or similar unmanned facilities.
- How Long: Up to 7 days after application deemed sufficient
- Who Decides:
- Final Decision: Planning Director
How to Apply
A pre-application is required prior to submission of Development Option Plan. An environmental analysis may be required. An application must be submitted within 1 year of pre-application conference.
Please submit an application packet via email to the Planning Department that includes the following (paper applications are not accepted):
There are no exempt land division fees.