Land Development Regulations (LDRs) Text Amendment
The purpose of a land development regulation (LDR) text amendment is to publicly review a change to these LDRs to ensure that it improves implementation of the Jackson/Teton County Comprehensive Plan or address other health, safety, or welfare issues in the community.
When Is This Required?
An LDR text amendment application is needed for any proposal that involves changes to the language in the LDRs.
- How Long: Up to 150 days after application deemed sufficient
- Who Decides:
- Recommendation: Planning Commission
- Final Decision: Town Councilψ
View an info-graphic (PNG) detailing the process.
How to Apply
A pre-application is not required prior to submission, but an applicant may request a pre-application meeting to discuss the requirements and applicable regulations with Planning Staff. This is encouraged for applicants who are unfamiliar with the regulations and the planning process. If a Pre-Application Conference is held, this checklist may be modified by staff to reflect the specifics of your project.
Please submit an application packet with nine hard copies and one digital copy (via email to firstname.lastname@example.org) that includes the following:
- Application Fee
- Application Form (PDF)
- Existing text to be amended: If the proposed amendment is to existing text within the LDR’s, please identify the relevant Article, Section, or Subsection
- Narrative description of the objective
- Narrative statement addressing:
- Is consistent with the purposes and organization of the LDRs
- It improves the consistency of the LDRs with other provisions of the LDRs
- It provides flexibility for landowners within standards that clearly define desired character
- Is necessary to address changing conditions, public necessity, and/or state or federal legislation
- It improves implementation of the Comprehensive Plan
- Is consistent with other adopted Town Ordinances
- Neighborhood Meeting Summary (optional): If a neighborhood meeting is held, the applicant may submit a summary of comments or questions received and the applicant’s response
- Proposed Amendment: A narrative description or proposal for the amendment content and structure. Chapters, articles, or specific text language is not required, but is helpful in review
- Other Pertinent Information
LDR Text Amendment fees are $1,500.