- About Jackson
- Getting Around
- 2022 Public Right of Way Construction Projects
2022 Public Right of Way Construction Projects
- Rancher Complete Street Project: Anticipate Completion Date: October 28, 2022
- Pearl Avenue Sidewalk Project: Anticipated Completion Date: September 29, 2022
Projects are outlined below. For additional information, please contact the Town of Jackson Engineering Department at (307) 739-4547.
Rancher Complete Street Project
What: Public Right of Way Project on Rancher Street between Broadway and Hansen Avenue.
- Installing new water, sewer and stormwater lines to replace old and under-sized lines underneath Rancher Street between Broadway and Hansen.
- Adding sidewalk to west side of Rancher Street between Broadway and Pearl Avenue.
- Adding sidewalk to both sides of Rancher Street between Pearl Avenue and Hansen Avenue.
- Straightening intersection at Hansen Avenue and Rancher Street.
When: Anticipated Construction Completion Date: October 28, 2022
- Phase 1: Work on Rancher Street between Broadway and Pearl Avenue
- Phase 2: Work on Rancher Street between Pearl Avenue to Simpson Avenue
- Phase 3: Work on Rancher Street between Simpson Avenue and Hansen Avenue
- Phase 4: Pave Rancher Street between Broadway and Hansen Avenue
CLICK HERE to see the Rancher Street Complete Street Conceptual Designs which were presented to the Jackson Town Council during a Regular Workshop on April 19, 2021. Town Council approved the conceptual design of Rancher Complete Street Project utilizing design Alternative #2 and intersection design alignment Option #2.
Pearl Street Sidewalk Project
What: Construction project on Pearl Avenue between Willow Street and Gros Ventre Street to improve multimodal transportation on Pearl Avenue and work to improve the Complete Street concept for Pearl Avenue.
- Installation of sidewalk on both sides of street.
- Installation of curb on street.
- Installation of gutters on street.
- Repaving street.
- Addition of street lights.
When: July 11 thought September 30, 2022
Update on Construction (July 19, 2022):
Evans is continuing work along the north side of Pearl between Willow and Jean, working west to east. This section includes the installation of buried electrical conduit, which they are actively installing as they remove surface materials and prepare the subgrade for new sidewalk, curb and gutter.
Traffic Control and Parking:
Road barricades have been placed on both sides of Pearl between Willow and Jean to allow for east-bound traffic only. Please follow this course as you leave your home (turn toward Jean), or return home (approach from Willow).
We thank you for your patience with this project, and kindly ask that you keep your cars/trucks parked inside your property line as the construction crews come through. They are happy provide assistance in getting you or your tenants in and out of the driveway, but appreciate keeping the coast clear of vehicles near the property line.
No Street Parking on both sides of Pearl between Willow and Jean. This is necessary to keep the construction crews working efficiently while keeping one lane of vehicle traffic open.
As weather allows, we hope this project will maintain its course and get the construction crews in and out swiftly and safely.
Motorists are advised to seek alternate routes in the vicinity of this construction project. Please be aware of, and obey all construction notification, detour and parking restriction signage as it is there for your safety and the safety of the construction workers.
Please help spread the word of this project and pass this information along as you see fit.
CLICK HERE to see the staff report which was presented to the Jackson Town Council at the June 21, 2021 Regular Workshop. The Town Council approved the conceptual design Alternative #2 for the Pearl Avenue Sidewalk Complete Street.
Street Patching and Chip Sealing
Later this summer/fall the Public Works team will be street patching and chip sealing. These dates and locations will be noted in the future.
In the Pipeline for Future Improvements
- Stormwater management program is in development. Some field survey to inventory missing pieces of our system map will begin this summer.
- It is anticipated that Public Works will complete the design of Flat Creek & Karns Road reconstruction as well as Vine Street.
- The water and stormwater design for the Recrecreation Center expansion project is complete. It will be constructed based on the Recreation Center's project phasing.
- A new thaw well will be designed this summer and easements are up for approval in July.
- Scott Lane/Maple Way access improvements is currently in the design phase.
- Wastewater Treatment Plant technical review is currently in process. It is anticipated that the full report will completed in the near future and a public meeting will be scheduled once this is complete.