The purpose of a master sign is to provide multiple tenant project with additional flexibility and sign area.
When Is This Required?
A master sign permit is not required but is an option.
- How Long: Up to 4 weeks
- Who Decides: Planning Director
- A master sign plan is intended to provide some additional square footage to building or sites with three or more tenants/businesses. It is at the owner/applicants discretion to designate how much square footage should be allocated to each tenant/business.
- A master sign plan does not approve actual signs, but rather sets the total amount and allocation of signage per business.
- List out all businesses/tenants and describe their unit number or letter along with identifying which floor they are on.
- The Notarized Letter of Authorization is needed when the Applicant is not the the owner of the property.
How to Apply
Please submit an application packet via email to the Planning Department that includes the following (paper applications are not accepted):
Master sign permit fees are $361.
Amendment of existing master sign fees are $180.