A parking violation may be resolved by paying the violation fee or by contesting the violation using the procedures outlined below. Failure to pay the fee or to comply with one of the procedures to contest a violation within 14 days of the date of the violation may result in penalties as allowed under the Jackson Municipal Code, including boot immobilization of the vehicle associated with the parking violation.
Pay the Parking Violation
You may pay the parking violation fee in person, by mail, online, or by phone.
- In Person: Provide payment at the front desk or in the outside drop box located at Town Hall at 150 E. Pearl Avenue, Jackson, WY.
- By mail: Send payment to the Town of Jackson, P.O. Box 1687, Jackson, WY 83001. The payment shall have a written notation indicating the payment is for a parking violation fee and include the notice number from the parking violation. Please enclose the copy of the Notice of Violation with payment. Do not mail cash.
- Online: Visit http.//townofjackson.com/333/Pay-a-Bill-or-Ticket.
- By Phone: Call (307) 733-3932 ext. 1165.
All payments must be received within 14 days of the date of violation. Payments must be for the exact amount of the fee and be made either by credit or debit card, check, money order, or cashier’s check made payable to the Town of Jackson.
Contest the Parking Violation
1. Request a Review of the Parking Violation
You may request a review of the parking violation by the Town Prosecutor by submitting a written request for review via email to email@example.com or mail to ATTN: Town Prosecutor, P.O. Box 1687, Jackson, WY 83001. The written request for review shall include the following information:
- Notice number
- Vehicle description and license plate number
- Email Address
- Full Name
- Mailing Address
- Phone Number
- An explanation of the reason you are seeking review, including any supporting documentation
- A description of what action you would like to see taken for the parking violation
The request for review must be received within 14 days of the date of violation. If you initially request a review of the parking violation by the Town Prosecutor and are unable to reach a resolution, you may still arrange to contest the parking violation at a hearing by contacting the Clerk of Court within 14 days of the Town Prosecutor’s decision on review of the parking violation.
2. Contest the Parking Violation
You may arrange to contest the parking violation at a hearing by contacting the Clerk of Court at (307) 733-3932 ext. 1152 to arrange to contest the parking violation. To do so, you must contact the Clerk of Court within 14 days of the date of violation.
If you contest the parking violation, do not pay the parking violation fee until the procedures to contest it are completed. Payment made before the completion of these procedures will void them as your violation will be considered resolved.