The Jackson Town Council met two times on Monday, August 16: a Special Workshop at 2:00pm and a Regular Meeting at 6:00pm. The following is an overview of the Town Council’s actions taken during these meetings.
- Council directed staff to initiate planning of bicycle network improvements on Snow King Avenue and Willow St. between Cache St. and Jackson Elementary School.
- Council directed staff to draft a Town water/sewer connection policy for Council consideration.
- Council continued an update to Title 15 Buildings & Construction Code.
- New employees Greg Nelson and Talon Stephens were introduced.
- The Consent Calendar was approved including August 2 regular meeting minutes, disbursements, the July Municipal Court report, Bid 21-05 award of contract for the Fall Patching project, Bid 21-06 for the purchase of four Police Department Hybrid SUVs, Bid 21-07 for the purchase of a Police Department half ton truck, a new loader purchase for the Streets Division, a grant application for Town’s Stormwater Management Program, and a temporary sign permit for JH Moose Hockey.
- Council continued the First Amendment to the Gondola and Cougar Lease Agreement for Snowmaking Pumphouse.
- Council approved the addition of alcohol to the Whole Foods Grocery Pickup Program.
- Council approved the selection of Trihydro to conduct the Wastewater Treatment Plant Technical Review.
- Council directed staff to draft a policy for using START facilities and equipment for advertising and education.
- Item P21-149 Subdivision Plat for the Upper Four Westview Townhome Units at 315-327 Batch Plant Road was continued indefinitely.
- Item P21-150 Request for Final Plat at 1085 W. Hwy 22 was continued to the September 20 regular council meeting.
- Council approved Item P21-157 Subdivision Plat for a 5-lot Subdivision at 984 Budge Drive.
- Ordinances C-N were approved on second reading.
- Council discussed a Chat with Council on August 25, the Climate Action Plan, and the Housing Preservation Program. Council directed staff to place the East Simpson Sidewalk Project on a future agenda.
- The Town Manager’s report contained information on a COVID-19 Community Update, Leadership Development Training, and Tyler Sinclair being awarded Planner of the Year by Western Planning Resources.
Complete and detailed information regarding these items is available online at www.townofjackson.com under the Agendas & Meeting button.