Town Council’s actions taken Monday, June 21, 2021:
- The Mayor introduced new employees Ryan Hoffnagle, Craig Lewis, and Alberto Rojas and new interns Noah Holmes Foster, Edgar Mendoza Perez, Will Dobrowski, and Nancy Marquina Garcia.
- Council approved conceptual design alternative #2 for the Pearl Avenue Sidewalk Complete Street Project and directed staff to take the concept to final design.
- Council accepted the 2020 Water and Sewer Systems Evaluation Report and directed staff to place discussion of setting Town policy for future utility connections not modelled in the Water and Sewer Evaluation Report on a future workshop agenda.
- The consent calendar was approved which included the June 7 special budget workshop and June 7 regular meeting minutes, disbursements, the May Municipal court report, special event 4th of July parade, special event Old Bill’s Fun Run, Bid 21-04 2021 Chip Seal Project, a temporary sign permit for Hole Food Rescue, the BUILD Letter of Agreement with Teton County, P21-108 Water Main Bill of Sale and SIA Agreement with Rzeka LLC, P21-005 Cache Creek Tube Diversion Utility Agreement, and a Fee Pledge for 440 West Kelly Ave.
- Special event Wildwalls was withdrawn from the agenda and special event Teton County Fair was approved.
- A new Resort Liquor License application for Virginian Liquor LLC was approved.
- Council directed staff to proceed with dividing the Si Ferrin commercial space into 5 private offices, 2 semi-private offices, a conference room, 2 ADA restrooms and 2 mini-kitchens, and authorized the expenses to be included in either the FY21 or FY22 budget.
- Council approved imposing a half mill property tax for tax year 2021 and directed the Town Manager to issue formal notice to and follow all procedure of Teton County Wyoming to effectuate the property tax in accordance with state statute. Council also directed staff to bring back a detailed report of options for establishing mechanisms addressing property tax relief for residents for which the tax burden is onerous.
- Council approved Resolution #21-20 Budget Amendment #4 and Resolution #21-21 Budget Adoption.
- Council approved Annexation Ordinances X, Y, Z and A on first reading as presented.
- Council approved Ordinance B updating JMC Title 6 on first reading as presented.
- Board and Commission reports were given on the START Board and the Travel and Tourism Board. Council discussed the Teton Board of Realtors, staff reports and youth EBike licensing.
- The Town Manager’s Report contained information on the 2nd Monday of each month being set aside for special workshops that focus on Council priorities, the Construction Management Plan for 175 Center Street, no parking for safety reasons on a portion of Blair Drive, and the Retail and Bar and Grill Liquor License public hearing dates.
Complete and detailed information regarding these items is available online at www.townofjackson.com under the Agendas & Meeting button. Should you have any specific questions, please do not hesitate to ask your Department Director, Roxanne Robinson, or myself.