On Monday, January 4th the Jackson Town Council assembled 2 times: a 10:30am Oath of Office for the new Town Council members and a 6:00pm regular evening meeting. The following is an overview of the Town Council’s actions taken at this regular Council meeting
At 10:30am yesterday, Municipal Court Judge Melissa Owens administered the Oath of Office to Mayor Hailey Morton Levinson, Town Councilor Jessica Sell Chambers, and Town Councilor Jim Rooks. Their first Town Council meeting took place last night at 6pm.
Regular Evening Meeting
Monday, January 4
• The Town Council held moments of silence in honor of Bert Raynes, Grant Larson, and H.L. Jensen who passed away in 2020.
• John Ware was introduced as a recently new Jackson Police Officer.
• The first two resolutions of 2021 were approved, which were Resolutions of Appreciation to Pete Muldoon and Jim Stanford for their service to Jackson in many capacities, but especially in their role as Mayor and Town Councilor.
• A special committee comprised of Hailey Morton Levinson, Arne Jorgensen, and Jonathan Schechter, approved 2020 meeting minutes as presented.
• The Council approved disbursements as presented. • The official ToJ depositories were designated for 2021 as Wells Fargo Bank, Bank of Jackson Hole, and Rocky Mountain Bank.
• The Council approved Energy Conservation Works’ use of 2010 SPET funds for energy projects at St John’s Health.
• The Utility Easement to WYDOT at Cache & Broadway (P20-201) was approved.
• Mayor Levinson appointed Arne Jorgensen as the Vice-Mayor for 2021.
• The Council made commendation remarks to Chief Weber and the JPD for their involvement in the serious standoff situation last week.
• The Town Manager’s Report contained an update on housing available through the Housing Department related to COVID and a revolving right of purchase through the Housing Trust at Arbor Place.
Complete and detailed information regarding these items is available online at www.townofjackson.com under the Agendas & Meeting button.