The first continuation of Public Health Order #20-4 orders that all Residents of Teton County, Wyoming, including the City of Jackson, Wyoming shall limit gatherings to only individuals who are living in the same household, with certain exceptions as described below, in order to control the spread of COVID-19.
A person is allowed to:
1. Perform tasks essential to their health and safety, or for the health and safety of their household members or pets, including, be example and without limitation, obtaining medical supplies or medication or visiting a health care professional.
2. Care for a family member or pet in another household.
3. Obtain necessary supplies for self or household members (including, by example and without limitation, groceries, food, liquor, sporting goods, and products necessary to maintain the safety, sanitation, and essential operation of a residence).
4. Deliver necessary supplies (including, by example and without limitation, groceries, food, liquor, sporting goods, and products necessary to maintain for safety, sanitation, and essential operation of a residence.
5. Engage in outdoor activity, so long as six (6) feet is maintained between any person not in the same household.
6. Travel to and work at a place of employment, if the work cannot be done remotely from home.
The first continuation of Countywide Order #20-4 also defines physical distancing requirements as:
Maintain at least six (6) feet distance from other individuals,
Wash hands with soap and water for at least twenty seconds as frequently as possible, or use hand sanitizer,
cover coughs or sneezes (into the sleeve or elbow, not hands), and
Regularly clean high touch surfaces.
Do not shake hands.
The Wyoming Statutes explicitly grant the power to issue public health orders to medical professionals, rather than elected officials. The Wyoming State Health Officer, a medical doctor, authorizes and directs the Teton District Health Officer, also a medical doctor, to issue public health orders.
To view the order CLICK HERE.
To learn about all of the STATE and DISTRICT Health Orders in place, please CLICK HERE.