For your information, the following is an overview of the Town Council’s actions taken yesterday at their joint meeting with the County Commissioners and regular Council meeting:
- The Council and Commission received a presentation from Charlier Associates on the Integrated Transportation Plan.
- Mayor Muldoon read a Proclamation and Chief Smith presented the Medal of Bravery Commendation to Jackson Police Corporal Phillip Smith and Officer Thomas Raab for their heroic actions in a residential house fire.
- Mayor Muldoon read a Proclamation declaring November 30, 2019 as Small Business Saturday and encouraged residents to shop locally.
- The Council approved meeting minutes and disbursements as presented.
- Special Events were approved for the JH Art Association Art Fairs in 2020, Winter Wonderland on Town Square, and Public Art Glow Nights.
- Temporary Sign Permits were approved for Laff Staff, Jackson Hole High School, and the Holiday Bazaar.
- The Council approved Bid# 20-07 for the purchase of a new all electric sedan vehicle for the Police Department.
- Contracts related to START were approved for electric bus batteries, leasing winter buses, and bus parking in Etna.
- The Council approved encroachment agreements at 120 N Glenwood for Hotel Jackson Phase I Canopy and at 723 Rodeo Drive for Trident Holdings I WY, LLC.
- A funding allocation from the 2010 SPET was approved to help with the electric vehicle project.
- The Council authorized staff to continuing researching real estate law and draft an agreement to transfer ownership of 174 North King Street if the Town cannot maintain ownership.
- Resolution 19-23 adopting amendments to the fiscal year 2020 Town Budget was approved.
- Two ordinances passed first reading: Ordinance K granting a franchise to CenturyLink and Ordinance L updating Title 6 of the Municipal Code.
- The Mayor and Town Council appointed Lea Colasuonno as the Town Attorney.
- Up to $2,000 in travel expenditures were approved to bring Jessica Roberts, a national expert in transportation demand management, to Jackson.
- The Town Managers report contained an update on police department recruiting and retention, and staff action for public comments that are not agenda items.
Complete and detailed information regarding these items is available online at www.townofjackson.com under the Agendas & Meeting button.