August 16 – Starting at 1:30pm on Monday, August 21, Town Council will hold a Special Workshop in its Chambers. This meeting will begin with a presentation from Town Attorney Lea Colasuonno about adding an Anti-Bias Crimes Ordinance to the Town’s Code. Following that, Assistant Town Manager Roxanne Robinson will present a review of Noise at the Center for the Arts during Outdoor Events. Then, Planning Director Paul Anthony will present a Voluntary Preapplication for a Hotel at 335 N. Cache and surrounding lots. Next, Robinson will present a Naming Policy. The Workshop will conclude with Matters from Mayor and Council and an update about upcoming agendas. This meeting will adjourn by 5:00pm.
Town Council will reconvene for its Regular Meeting starting at 6:00pm. Mayor Morton Levinson will call the meeting to order and do a roll call for Council, and then the Pledge of Allegiance will be recited and the Mayor will read a Land Acknowledgement about indigenous nations and individuals in our area. Following that, public comment on items not on the agenda will be taken. Then, Council will consider the consent calendar including meeting minutes, disbursements, the July Municipal Court Report; temporary sign permits; and a contract and scope of work for an energy audit among other items.
Under ‘Public Hearings, Discussion and/or Possible Action Items,’ Town Clerk Riley Taylor will present a Public Hearing for Central Wyoming College’s Annexation. Then, Senior Planner Tyler Valentine will present a request for a subdivision plat at 180 Aspen Drive. Following that, Town Engineer Brian Lenz will present a sewer connection request from the Indian Springs Homeowners Association.
Next, Council will consider readings of Ordinances about the following.
- Ordinance Q: An Ordinance Relating to Short-term Rental Uses
- Ordinance R: An Ordinance Amending Pathways Speed Limits and Signage
- Ordinance S: An Ordinance Repealing Pathways Penalty Provision
- Ordinance T: An Ordinance Repealing Regular Meeting Schedule to Allow Setting by Resolution
- Ordinance V: An Ordinance Annexing Central Wyoming College – Jackson Campus
Under Matters from Mayor and Council, Senior Deputy Clerk Lynsey Lenamond will present about Appointments/Reappointments to the Planning Commission and Board of Examiners. Councilmembers Jorgensen and Rooks will then provide an update about the first meeting of the Joint Town/County Funding Committee. The final item at this meeting will be consideration of the Town Manager’s Report, which includes a request for support of an Intertribal Gathering, follow-up about actions related to the Town’s Land Acknowledgement, information about the State Legislature’s Regulatory Reduction Task Force, and branding for the Downtown Ambassador in partnership with the Chamber of Commerce and Travel & Tourism Board.
These meetings will take place in the Council’s chambers and via Zoom, and public comment can be made at each. Attendance and participation are welcome both in person and virtually, details below.
PUBLIC COMMENT & ENGAGEMENT
- Community members can always email comments and perspective to Town Council by
CLICKING HERE or emailing: email@example.com.
- Community members can attend and make Public Comment at the Workshop starting at 1:30pm either in-person or via Zoom by CLICKING HERE. Anyone can share comments for up to 3 minutes at specific times in-person or using the “Raise Hand” feature to be called on in Zoom.
- Community members can attend and make Public Comment at the Regular Town Council meeting starting at 6:00pm either in-person or via Zoom by CLICKING HERE and using password 83001. Anyone can share comments for up to 3 minutes at specific times in-person or by using the “Raise Hand” feature to be called on in Zoom.
- Community members can watch Town Council’s Regular Meeting through the Town’s website by CLICKING HERE.