How do I contest a parking ticket?

The information below can also be found on our Municipal Court page by clicking here.

Contesting Parking Tickets

Prior to appearing in court, individuals seeking to contest a parking ticket may write to the Town Prosecutor by email at or by US Postal Service to:
P.O. Box 1687
Jackson, WY 83001

The letter must have ATTN: Town Prosecutor in the address line. Such letter/email must be submitted to the Town Prosecutor within 14 days of the date of issuance. The following information must be included in the letter/email:

  • Any supporting documentation
  • Citation Number (Going vertically down the side of the ticket-This is NOT the event number)
  • Driver's License Number
  • Email Address
  • Full Name
  • Mailing Address
  • Phone Number
  • Reason you are seeking the action
  • Vehicle License Plate Number
  • What action you'd like to see taken

Contesting in Court

In addition, as with all tickets issued by the Jackson Police Department, individuals may come into court on the date listed on the ticket and plead not guilty and seek a trial.

If you cannot come to an agreement with the prosecutor by the court date listed on the citation, you must appear in court or you may face additional fines and charges.

Pay a Parking Ticket

Show All Answers

1. How do I contest a parking ticket?
2. How do I watch a Town Council or Planning Commission meeting that has already happened?
3. How do I sign up to receive Town Council meeting notifications?
4. How do I search Town Council Meeting Minutes?
5. How do I switch my water billing?
6. How do I apply for a business license? Do I need a business license?