How do I contest a parking ticket?

Contesting Parking Tickets:

Prior to appearing in court, individuals seeking to contest a parking ticket can write to the Town Prosecutor via email ( or send a written letter to:
P.O. Box 1687
Jackson, WY 83001

The letter must have ATTN: Town Prosecutor in the address line. Such letter/email must be submitted to the Town Prosecutor within 14 days of the date of issuance. The following information must be included in the letter/email:

  • Any supporting documentation
  • Citation Number (Going vertically down the side of the ticket-This is NOT the event number)
  • Driver’s License Number
  • Email Address
  • Full Name
  • Mailing Address
  • Phone Number
  • Reason you are seeking the action
  • Vehicle License Plate Number
  • What action you’d like to see taken

Contesting in Court

 If you cannot come to an agreement with the prosecutor by the court date listed on the citation (14 days after the issue date for parking tickets), or if you have not made a payment or arrangement within that time frame, then you must appear in court or you may face additional fines and charges.

Initial Appearances are held most Wednesdays at 9:00 A.M. in the Clifford P. Hansen Courthouse at 145 E. Simpson Ave. You may confirm that court is in session by calling 307-733-3932 (ext. 1165). 

You will be advised of the court's procedures, the nature of the charges against you, and your rights at this initial appearance.  If you plead not guilty, the matter will be set for trial at a later date.          

Show All Answers

1. How do I contest a parking ticket?