Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
The Town Hall building is closed to the public. Call (307) 733-3932 for all Town Hall business questions.
The Jackson Police administration office is closed to the public, but will still respond to phone and email correspondence. Call (307) 733-1430 for non-emergency Jackson Police Department business. Other important numbers: Teton County Dispatch (non-emergency) (307) 733-2331. Emergency: 911The following services will still be offered:Ground transportation permitting.Requests for records.General information.
The following services will not be available:VIN inspectionsNotary services
The Jackson Public Works administration office is closed to the public, but will still respond to phone and email correspondence. Call (307) 733-3079 ext. 1403
Construction Projects - Please contact the Engineering Department
Court services are open and available. If you need to conduct business in Municipal Court, please call (307) 733-3932 extension 1165 and we will set up a phone conference. If we are unable to answer your phone call, please leave a message and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Alternately, if you would like to submit a document, please send an email to Municipal Court: email@example.com.Documents may be faxed to (307) 739-0919. Documents may also be mailed to:Municipal CourtP.O. Box 1687Jackson, WY 83001
Beginning on Monday, March 30, 2020, START Bus will be reducing commuter service for Teton Valley, Idaho and Star Valley, Wyoming moving from 4 round-trips per day to 3 round-trips per day. This change will return START Bus commuter routes to the level of service offered in 2018 and 2019, respectively. Please note that START Bus is currently operating on a modified Spring Schedule. To see the full schedule please CLICK HERE.
The following commuter trips will be suspended as of March 30, 2020:
Teton Valley 4
Departing at 7:40 am and returning at 7:30 pm
Star Valley 4
Departing at 7:40 am and returning at 7:45 pm
While currently operating on the reduced spring schedule, START Bus is continuing to make over 500 passenger trips daily with a decrease in ridership of approximately 50% in comparison to previous spring seasons as a results of precautions being taken by the local community to flatten the curve of COVID-19.
START Bus is currently working on updating their website to reflect these changes. Please know that you can always contact START Bus with questions regarding the schedule by calling (307) 733-4521 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Jackson / Teton County Parks and Recreation Department at (307) 739 - 9025All department special events, recreational, aquatic and leisure programs shall be suspended.
Afterschool and spring break youth care programs are suspended until further notice.
Community special event permits (75 people or greater) within the park system shall be suspended. Future special events will be processed on a conditional basis.
The Community Recreation Center will operate at reduced hours for lap swimming only
All other services and facility care and access shall remain unchanged.
The Animal Shelter is currently closed to the public. Animals are still being fed and cared for and facilities cleaned and maintained, but the facility will be closed to the public.If you have an animal that has been impounded, or that needs to be surrendered, call the Teton County Dispatch Center at (307) 733-2331 to schedule an appointment for pick-up or drop-off.
Teton County Victim Services will be closed to the public until further notice. Staff ill remain available by phone during regular business hours: Monday-Friday, from 8:00am-4:00pm. You may contact Victim Service at 307-732-8482 and leave a voicemail and we will do our best to respond to your call in a timely manner. If you have an emergency please dial 911.Servicios para Víctimas del Condado Teton estará CERRADO hasta próximo aviso debido a COVID-19. Seguiremos permaneciendo disponibles por teléfono durante el horario regular de oficina, de lunes-Viernes de 8:00am-4:00pm. Puede contactarnos al 307-732-8482 y dejar un mensaje de voz y haremos lo posible para responder a su llamada de manera pronta. Si tiene una emergencia por favor marque al 911
The Town’s Planning and Building Department office is closed temporarily to the public to protect against the spread of the Coronavirus. However, all building permits and development permits are still being accepted and processed and we will return all phone calls and emails as soon as we can. Please see the Planning and Building Department’s website for more details on how to submit your application and for other important information. Also, please check the website frequently for updates.
Effective March 16, 2020 The Town of Jackson will no longer be conducting in-person inspections. The Town will be utilizing the following process for conducting inspections until further notice;
1. The permit holders or authorized agents should request their inspections via the building inspection request line 24 hours in advance. Inspections requests not received by 3:30 P.M. will not be conducted the next business day and will be scheduled with the following business day.
2. Partial inspections will only be conducted as necessary for the sequence of inspection as approved by the town inspector/building official. Combination inspections are strongly encouraged and may be required by the building department. The Town will not be conducting supplement inspections to special inspections at this time.
3. All inspection requests should be very specific as to what is being inspected and at what locations. All construction related to the items being inspected should have previously been reviewed and approved by the design team and building official prior to construction (stamped plans). Unauthorized or incomplete work will constitute a failed inspection.
4. Inspection can be done via FaceTime (preferred) or Webex. This will require a compatible device from the user requesting the inspection. A cell phone number for the FaceTime inspection should be provided with the inspection request as well as an email address. If you do not have the ability to FaceTime or Webex you will be required to video your inspection or take photos and submit the video to our inspector via dropbox or photos to the inspectors email address. The Town will allow photo or video inspections to be provided by the permit holder for proof of completeness of required inspections. The submitted photos or videos will be sent to the inspector who responded to the inspection request and results will be held for review for up to twenty four (24) hours before the inspection pass/failure response is provided to the permit holder.
Photos must be clear and accurate depictions of the scope of work under scrutiny. Measurements for clearances or proper distances, elevations, etc. must be depicted with a legible measurement implement (ie: a tape measure) shown in the image. Images will need to include identifiable landmarks or indicators that provide reference to the subject property or project and the precise inspection location. Larger sections or portions of the project being inspected may require a video submission to verify the completeness of the scope of work. You must receive approval from our office before covering work that was inspected.
5. FaceTime or Webex inspections will be conducted between 8:00-Noon and from 1:00-3:30 P.M. Please provide a two hour window within these times listed above that you will be available for the inspection. The building inspector will then be in contact (at end of day or first thing in the morning) to try and reduce the two hour window to a shorter time frame and discuss the inspection request. Communication via text may transpire to facilitate coordination efforts.
6. The building inspector will try to make contact up to three times within the time frame agreed upon to try and conduct the inspection. After three failed attempts the inspection will be considered not ready and it will need to be rescheduled via the inspection line.
7. Inspection results will be sent to the email address provided the Town of Jackson.
This is a temporary measure under the current extreme situation and is not meant as a substitution for required Town inspections under normal circumstances. Any inspections conducted during this period will be recorded as being completed under these terms. Inspections conducted during this period may be somewhat compromised by this method but the Contractor and property owner shall always be responsible for code compliance no matter what the circumstances. If later inspections reveal noncompliance with Code or approved plans or development approvals, failure to so discover during these violations or failures during utilization of abbreviated inspections shall not constitute a waiver of the Town’s ability to enforce the adopted Codes or the scope of issued permits and approvals. If any portion of the permitted scope of work inspected in this manner comes under future scrutiny or produces any sort of questionable construction or is found defective the Town assumes no additional liability beyond what is defined in the currently adopted Building Code and the Contractor carries all normally assumed and assigned liability as defined by Code, Profession and Licensing.
We appreciate everyone’s patients and understanding as we work to maintain the integral health of our community with the building life safety of our community. Please feel free to call or contact the Building Official or Building Inspector with any questions or concerns.