Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
View All Calendars is the default. Choose Select a Calendar to view a specific calendar. Subscribe to calendar notifications by clicking on the Notify Me® button, and you will automatically be alerted about the latest events in our community.
The applicant, Josh Timon with Outlaw Partners LLC, requests permission for overnight camping at the fairgrounds, amplified sound during a Professional Bull Riders (event), and a malt beverage permit during the event being held at the Teton County Rodeo Grounds. The event is scheduled for Monday, July 15 and Tuesday, July 16, 2019 and has been approved by the TC Fair Board.
This event would include amplified sound (pre-recorded music and announcers) during the event. The applicant has indicated that the event would conclude by 10:00pm on both nights.
The applicant requests the following from the Town for the event:
This request for overnight camping begins on Sunday, July 14, 2019 and runs to Wednesday, July 17, 2019. Camping would occur on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday nights. Participants and family members will be camping in RV/living quarter type trailers. The Fair Board has approved this use. The applicant has indicated that no more than 10 RV units would be camping overnight.
Section 10.04.220 of the Municipal Code prohibits overnight parking on any parking lot owned, operated, leased, or maintained by the town; and Section 9.52.050 prohibits sleeping in any public place unless permission is granted by the Town Council for special events.
This event was approved last year. One significant change from last year’s request is that this year the applicant is requesting to host the event for two nights. Last year the event was approved for one night.
Last year this event did receive noise complaints from neighborhood residents. The applicant has been made aware that this was a concern. He has indicated that they would make the necessary efforts to reduce the noise complaints by lowering the volume of the amplified sound and repositioning the speakers. The applicant indicated that they would work with the Police Department in an effort to monitor noise levels.
The application has been submitted for review to all Town departments.
Staff recommends the approval of the request, subject to the following conditions and restrictions:
10. In addition to providing the list to the Wyoming Department of Revenue containing the names, social security numbers and addresses of all participating artists, vendors and merchants pursuant to Jackson Municipal Code Section 5.20.020 A.1.b., the applicant shall also provide that same list to the Town of Jackson Finance Department fourteen days prior to the event.
11. The applicant shall obtain the necessary food service permits from Teton County Environmental Health.
12. The applicant shall take all measures necessary to comply with applicable alcohol dispensing laws and regulations, including the prevention of sales to minors and the prohibition of consumption off the authorized premises.
13. Alcoholic beverages shall be sold in 16 oz. or smaller plastic cups.
14. The applicant may sell mugs for alcoholic beverages that are approved by the Police Department. Vendors may not sell more than 16 oz. in the mugs, regardless of mug size.
15. Beer sales shall cease by 10:00pm.
16. Individuals serving beer will have TIPS training.
17. Beer servers will not overserve individuals or serve to obviously intoxicated individuals.
18. Police will be notified immediately with any attempt by a minor to purchase alcohol.
19. The applicant is expected to monitor the noise levels of the event to ensure that it is conducted in a manner that reduces the likelihood that it will disturb the residents of the surrounding area or neighborhood. In the event that complaints from residents are received, the person to whom this permit is issued shall be responsible for taking reasonable steps to see that the noise is abated in a timely manner.
20. Any other conditions or restrictions staff wishes to add upon further review of the application.
I move to approve the 2019 Jackson Hole PBR special event request from Josh Timon with Outlaw Partners LLC, subject to the conditions and restrictions listed in the staff report.