Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
View All Calendars is the default. Choose Select a Calendar to view a specific calendar. Subscribe to calendar notifications by clicking on the Notify Me® button, and you will automatically be alerted about the latest events in our community.
The Town Council approves the use of the Town Square for special events.
The Jackson Hole Chamber of Commerce requests approval to host the annual Santa on the Square special event at the Stage Stop Building on the Town Square. The event will run every day from December 15, 2018 through December 24, 2018 from 5:00 to 7:00 P.M. The applicant requests the following:
The application has been submitted to all Town departments for recommendation and comment. This event has been approved in the past.
This year the applicant is requesting the consideration of 2 new proposals for this special event that have not been approved by the Town Council in the past (items 4 and 5 listed above). The purpose of these two additions to the applicant’s request is to provide warm gathering and waiting areas for visitors attending this event. The size of the Stage Stop building limits then number of people that can be inside at any given time. In the past, visitors, including small children, have waited outside until there was room inside of the Stage Stop building.
Prior to submitting this application the applicant met with representatives from the following departments: Public Works, Parks and Recreation, Police, and Fire/EMS to discuss any logistical and safety concerns. The representatives from these departments were comfortable with the placement of the heaters and the tent that are depicted in the layout map including in this staff report.
Temporary Sign Permit
Staff recommends that council approve the use of the Stage Stop Building on the Town Square subject to the following conditions and restrictions:
10. Combustible materials shall not be located within any tent, canopy or membrane structure in use for public assembly (IFC 3104.5).
11. All open flame devices are strictly prohibited within tents unless approved by the fire code official (IFC 3104.7)
12. Any cooking performed within tents shall require advance approval by this Department (IFC 3104.15.3 – 3104.15.7).
13. Smoking shall not be permitted in tents, canopies or membrane structures. Approved “No Smoking” signs shall be conspicuously posted (IFC 3104.6).
14. Portable 2A:10B-C fire extinguishers shall be provided, one minimum, for tents requiring permits with a 75 foot travel distance (IFC 3104.12).
15. Generators and other internal combustion power sources shall be separated from tents, canopies or membrane structures by a minimum of 20 feet and shall be isolated from contact with the public by fencing, enclosure or other approved means (IFC 3104.19).
16. All electrical/temporary power shall be in accordance with the 2011 National Electric Code and subject to inspection from this Department (IFC 605.9).
17. No stakes shall be placed in George Washington Memorial Park without first obtaining permission and utility locates from Parks and Recreation. Utility locates must be coordinated at least ten (10) days prior to the event.
18. The applicant will abide by any additional conditions and restrictions as deemed by the Town Council.
I move to approve the application of the Chamber of Commerce for the Santa on the Square events from December 15-December 24, 2018, subject to the conditions and restrictions listed in the staff report.