About the Department
The Office of the Town Clerk maintains the Town’s official records, provides support for the Town Council, and manages the Town’s liquor licenses and permits.
Application - Use this application for a new year-round liquor license or to transfer a current liquor license. (This application is for all license types)
24-Hour Liquor Permit Application - Use this application to apply for a temporary permit to provide alcohol and/or malt beverages at an event. This application is used for the Catering Permit (beer, wine, & spirits), Malt Beverage Permit (beer only), Malt Beverage Permit for a Microbrewery (for Breweries), or a Manufacturer’s Off-Premises Permit (for Manufacturer’s only).
Request Public Records.
The Town administers Public records requests according to Wyoming Statute Title 16 Article 4. "Public records" when not otherwise specified, includes any information in a physical form created, accepted, or obtained by a governmental entity in furtherance of its official function and transaction of public business, which is not privileged or confidential by law. Pursuant to the Public Records Act of 2019, the Town Council named the Town Clerk as the designated public records person, with designees including:
- Municipal Court Clerk for Municipal Court records
- Planning Office Manager for Planning and Building records
- Lieutenant to Chief of Police / Information Coordinator for Police records
- Paralegal for Legal records
How to submit a request for records:
- Use this online Records Request Form for all general inquiries
- Use the Police Department Form for police-specific inquiries
Helpful hints on crafting a request:
- Be as descriptive, specific, and thorough as possible.
- Include specific dates, event name(s), and topic(s). If a broad topic is requested, please narrow down the specifics of what you are looking for, include a date range, etc.
- Include the types of records you are requesting. For example, contract or agreement, permits, proclamation, public correspondence, etc.
- many records, such as meeting minutes, ordinances, staff reports, etc., can be found at the Municipal Code, Ordinances, & Resolutions page
The more detailed your request is, the better we can serve you!
Associated Fees (Resolution 22-15 effective July 6, 2022):
- Electronic document, per document $10
- Paper copies, B&W .25/page, Color .50/page
- Plotted Maps, 11x17 $14, 24x36 $36, 36x54 $50
- Photograph, $14
- Police Report, $14
- LDRs / Comp Plan, $58
- Research / Compilation Services, $15.50
- External Electronic Media (disk, usb drive, etc), $14.
- Postage / shipping, actual cost
- Other special circumstances, actual cost
If you have questions about making a public records request, please contact the Town Clerk.
Birth, Death, and Marriage Certificates.
The Town of Jackson does not handle birth, marriage, or death certificates. For more information or to obtain copies of certificates, please contact these agencies:
Birth & Death Certificates:
Wyoming Department of Health Vital Statistics Services
2300 Capitol Avenue 307-777-7591
Cheyenne, WY 82002
Teton County Clerk's Office
200 S Willow 307-733-4430
Jackson, WY 83001